Vixio is the leading provider of regulatory intelligence. Our trusted insights and analysis give our clients a true picture of what’s happening in an ever-changing landscape. We combine world-class content with advanced technology to help our clients make informed strategic decisions to mitigate risks, capitalise on business opportunities and find competitive advantage.
This is a hybrid role, and you will be required to work from the central London office at least 2 days per week, sometimes more
The Data Analyst Role
Data is critical to any intelligence business and Vixio is no exception. The Vixio Data product provides the only aggregated, complete view of official and verifiable market data across the global gambling industry, comprising historical datasets, market forecasting and written insights and analysis. As an Analyst, you will collect, standardise and update the data and translate that into insights that help our customers make decisions around growth initiatives.
What you’ll be doing
- Updating and maintaining our written multi-jurisdictional Market Analysis reports.
- Checking and transferring data submitted by our off-shore data supplier into client-ready, publishable Excel spreadsheets.
- Maintaining, enhancing and building out our Excel-based multi-jurisdictional ‘Market Monitor’ datasets.
- Maintaining and developing Vixio’s suite of interactive Forecasting Dashboards and Partnership Monitor reports.
- Contributing to Vixio’s Blocklist Tracker product, including daily checks for updates, coordinating delivery to our clients and promoting the product through sales channels.
- Creating and updating Excel-based charts to illustrate market trends within our content.
- Extensive information mining from foreign language websites - sourcing relevant annual reports, regulatory bulletins, company presentations etc. and determining what’s most important for our customers.
- Developing expertise in specific jurisdictions and topics while maintaining broad gambling industry knowledge and awareness.
- Producing analysis on gambling trends to meet specific customer requests; scope and validate the project and ensure our content is high quality.
- Collaborating with other teams to lend data expertise and create data driven content that supports our regulatory and editorial outputs.
- Continuously offering achievable solutions and improvements to Vixio’s Data product.
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years experience as a data, market or research analyst.
- A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative written analysis.
- Strong research capabilities with ruthless attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and communicate nuanced data trends in a concise and clear manner through written reports and analysis.
- Analytical and business acumen.
- Ability to spot notable trends and developments in raw jurisdictional or company data.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on both small and large-scale projects.
- Data visualisation experience and proficiency (Tableau, InDesign, Power BI) is considered desirable but not essential.
- A personal interest in the gambling industry is preferred but not essential.
- You effectively manage competing/conflicting priorities whilst being commercially sound
- You influence, network, engage with people at all levels of the company, building strong working relationships with everyone
- You are confident speaking to customers, sharing insights and enjoy solving problems
- You are curious and ask why
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and ask for help when needed
- You are persistent and tenacious and won’t give up at the first sign of challenge
- You consistently deliver high-quality work and on time- missing deadlines isn’t an option for you
- You take pride in your work and deliver excellence all the time
- You lead by example and are collaborative and respect colleagues
Our Core Values
At Vixio, we hold steadfast to a set of core values that define our culture and drive our success. We believe in the power of collaboration, where individuals come together to achieve shared goals and unlock their collective potential. We embrace selflessness, recognising that by putting the needs of our team and customers above our own, we foster an environment of support and mutual growth.
Honesty is the foundation upon which we build trust and integrity in all our interactions. We value open-mindedness, understanding that diverse perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to adapt and thrive in a rapidly evolving business landscape. These values form the bedrock of our business, shaping our decisions, actions, and relationships.
We are committed to attracting, nurturing, and retaining talent who not only align with our core values but also have the passion and drive to help us further embed and strengthen them throughout our company.
Together, we strive to create a workplace where collaboration thrives, selflessness is celebrated, honesty is non-negotiable, and open-mindedness is cherished.